Deductor has the liability to make a tax deduction and file the TDS return form. There are mainly two different types of TDS returns and forms that need to be filed within the due date. The basic difference between form 24Q and form 26Q is that Form 24Q is for salary return and Form 26Q is for non-salary return. For a detailed difference, please refer to below.
Difference between form 24Q and form 26Q
Form 24Q should be filed and submitted for return of TDS on salary payments and form 26Q should be filed and submitted for return of tax deducted at source on domestic payments other than salary.
What is form 24Q and what details Form 24Q to contain?
- Form 24Q is a quarterly statement of deduction of tax under section 200 (3) of the Act.
- This form is filed in respect of salary for the respective quarter ended.
- It contains details like the salary paid and TDS deducted of the employee by the employer
- Form 24Q contain or divided in two Annexures i.e. Annexure- I and Annexure-II
- Annexure I contain the details of the deductor, deducted, and the challan details and it needs to be submitted on a quarterly basis.
- Annexure-II contains the details of the deductee’s salary and it does not need to be submitted on a quarterly basis and submitted only in the 4th quarter with details of its employee salary for all 4 quarters i.e for a complete financial year.
What is the due date of form 24Q or say return filing due dates of form 24Q?
Form 24Q Due Dates:- Form 24Q is filed quarterly, which means that for each financial year it is filed separately for each quarter. For the 1st three quarters the due date is 31st July, 31st October, 31st January respectively and for the last quarter, the due date is 31st May.
What is form 26Q and what details Form 26Q contain?
- Form 26Q is a quarterly statement of deduction of tax under section 200 (3) of the Act.
- This form is filed in respect of non-salary payments for the respective quarter ended.
- It is required to submit PAN details by the non-government educator, and for government deductee, it must mention in the form “PANNOTREQD”.
- Form 26Q is used for TDS on interest, TDS on contract, TDS on professional fees, etc.
Also Read- Know the difference between form 16 and 16A
What is the due date of form 26Q or say return filing due dates of form 26Q?
Form 26Q Due Dates:- Form 26Q is also filed quarterly, it means that for each financial year it is filed separately for each quarter. The due dates of form 26Q are just the same as form 24Q.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is form 24Q and 26Q?
Form 24Q and 26Q are TDS return form, where Form 24Q is for salary return and Form 26Q is for non-salary return
What is form 26Q and 27Q in TDS?
Form 26Q is applicable for TDS u/s 200(3) of the Income Tax Act, 1961. It is a statement for tax deducted at source on all payments except salaries.
Form 27Q is used for the deduction of TDS for the NRIs and foreigners it is submitted by the deductor every quarter and is relevant for TDS u/s 200(3) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.Advertisement
What is form 27A?
Form 27A is a simple form containing a summary of quarterly e-TDS/TCS return. It is a summary of the e-TDS/TCS return which contains complete totals of the amount paid, TDS, and tax deposit (challan amount).
Disclaimer: The information contained in the above article are solely for informational purpose after exercising due care. However, it does not constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation. The author does not own any responsibility for any loss or damage caused to any person, directly or indirectly, for any action taken on the basis of the above article.
Feedback/Suggestion- Hope you all find it useful, please give your valuable feedback & let us know if there is an error. Thanks in Advance
Compiled by- CA Chirag Agarwal (Practicing Chartered Accountants)
This post was last updated on April 3, 2021 6:18 PM